For more than 35 years, Clean Harbors has been providing comprehensive hazardous and non-hazardous waste management services to meet the needs of customers throughout North America. When evaluating chemical waste disposal services companies, customers know they can rely on Clean Harbors.
Clean Harbors Technical Services involve the packaging, collection, transportation, treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at Company-owned facilities. We operate the largest number of hazardous waste incinerators, landfills, wastewater and other treatment facilities, and treatment, storage and disposal facilities in North America. We attract and better serve our customers due to our expertise and capabilities and the size, scale and geographic location of our assets, which enable us to operate in multiple locations.
Our broad service network, technologies and professional teams enable us to effectively handle a waste stream from origin through disposal and to efficiently direct and internalize our waste streams to reduce costs, making Clean Harbors the top choice among hazardous waste removal companies.
Clean Harbors Technical Services
- Waste Disposal – Comprehensive disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at Company-owned facilities
- Recycling Services – Extensive recycling, reuse and reclamation options for materials such as solvents, chemicals, oil and electrical equipment
- Chemical Packing – Safe, efficient handling and disposal of the widest range of chemicals, including reactives and compressed gases
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Services – HHW collection programs of all types and sizes, facilitated by Clean Harbors expert personnel
Waste Disposal Services
With locations throughout North America, Clean Harbors offers a wide range of disposal and recycling services for hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
Clean Harbors understands that waste disposal is a challenging, resource-intensive task. We leverage more than 35 years of experience in waste management, advanced technologies and a vast transportation network to provide a single source for all of your waste disposal and recycling needs. And we perform every service with the utmost concern for safety, cost minimization and operating efficiency.Read More
Recycling Services Overview
Clean Harbors provides recycling, reuse and reclamation services for hazardous and non-hazardous materials—including solvents, precious metals, chemicals, oil, light bulbs, transformers and other electrical equipment.
Clean Harbors finds beneficial uses for your manufacturing by-products, such as creating supplemental fuels created by blending waste or separating out usable materials from disassembled electronic equipment.
Our expert waste management staff utilize Company-owned vehicles to pick up material from your generation sites and transport it to one of our recycling plants. This turnkey service ensures efficiency, safety and regulatory compliance throughout the recycling process.Read More
Utilizing our vast expertise, manpower and scope of services, Clean Harbors provides comprehensive chemical packing, transportation and disposal for routine or emergency needs.
Managing and disposing of reactives and compressed gases in a safe, environmentally sound manner requires specific, technical expertise. Clean Harbors chemical packing experts routinely handle and transport such materials from facilities across North America.
Our Chemical Packing Services
We offer chemical packing for any size of operation or quantity of materials.
- Laboratory Moves
- DEA Controlled Substance Management
- Reactive Material Services
- Cylinder and Compressed Gas Management
- Radioactive Services and Disposal
Household Hazardous Waste
Clean Harbors facilitates thousands of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and pesticide collection programs throughout North America, collecting paints, solvents, batteries, fluorescent lamps, pesticides, cleaners and other hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is committed to recycling and reclaiming waste using a variety of methods. We also transport waste in our own licensed vehicles to one of our Company-owned facilities for recycling or disposal. We maintain all required permits and ensure RCRA compliance. From start to finish, Clean Harbors provides turnkey Household Hazardous Waste management.Read More
Chemical Distribution and Product Sales
We specialize in total chemical management with just-in-time delivery.
Clean Harbors can be your source for a wide variety of solvents, industrial cleaners, commodity stocks and specialty solvents.
Service Chemical LLC, a subsidiary of Clean Harbors, serves as a single source for a wide variety of solvents, industrial cleaners, commodity stocks and specialty solvents from the world’s leading chemical manufacturers.
Some of the products and services we offer include:
- Toxic use reduction and sourcing replacements for ozone depleting solvents, volatile organic compounds, flammable solvents, hazardous air pollutants and achieving waste minimization
- A full line of active solvents, alcohols, ketones, and inorganic acids, bases, and plating chemicals in a variety of grades
- Containers that meet or exceed UN and DOT requirements
- Custom blending and formulations that can help improve your process and reduce your hazardous chemical handling
- Recycling services
- A wide variety of UL-approved safety cans, storage cabinets, drum storage, spill containment supplies and dispensing devices
Additionally, Service Chemical's Total Chemical Management Program (TCM) solution can help you in reducing storage, inventory-carrying cost, regulatory reporting and waste minimization due to obsolescence.
Clean Harbors InSite Services is a branded on-site/in-plant service delivery program through which we provide a full range of environmental, industrial and waste management offerings. This signature program is built on safety, quality, efficiency and integrity—and has been offered by Clean Harbors for over 20 years.
By leveraging Clean Harbors expertise and capabilities, our on-site staffs are dedicated to developing the safest, most cost-effective solutions to service customers’ needs. This includes collecting and packaging waste materials, managing satellite accumulation areas, cleaning in-plant locations and running RCRA treatment processes.
One Source. More Resources.
A Clean Harbors InSite partnership delivers process improvement and cost savings opportunities, thus allowing you to maximize your profitability by focusing on your core business needs.
InSite Services We Provide
- Chemical waste pickup
- Solvent can management
- Laboratory inspections
- SAA inspections
- Administrative support
- Safety equipment inspections
- Biohazard container management
- Radiological services
- Laboratory cleaning
- Laboratory moves
- Bulk storage tank management
- Consolidation and lab packing