Used Oil and Oil Products Recycling
Clean Harbors and its subsidiary, Safety-Kleen, offer a full range of used oil products collection and recycling services. We can pick up, transport and recycle your waste oil, oil filters, antifreeze, and used absorbents. We also clean all oil water separators and provide a variety of product sales and services to automotive service centers, dealerships and fleets.
Clean Harbors and Safety-Kleen can schedule routine pickups at your site, or you can make one call when you need service. And, because we transport your used oil products to our recycling facilities, we offer the highly competitive pricing of a one-stop shop. All of our used oil recycling facilities are in full compliance with state, federal and provincial regulations.
Cost and Environmental Benefits
Recycling used oil products provides a cost-effective advantage over disposal (fuel blending) or incineration. Our recycling services make the following product reuses possible:
- Used oil – Re-refined through Safety-Kleen, North America’s largest re-refiner of used oil
- Used antifreeze – Remanufactured for reuse
- Used oil filters – Utilized as a boiler fuel supplement, burned in approved industrial furnaces and recycled as scrap metal
- Oil water mixtures – Processed to reclaim the oil, which will be used as supplemental boiler fuel
- Used absorbents – Utilized as supplemental fuel at approved energy recovery sites